Frequently Asked Questions
Considerations for choosing a tent
- - Weather conditions during your event
- - Site selection (will the tent be set up on concrete, grass, sand, etc.)
- - Capacity, how many people will be in the tent
- - What purpose do you want the tent to serve?
- - Climate control requirements
- - Audio/Visual requirements
- - Budget
- Fill out the quick quote form -- the more information you provide...
- The better we are able to serve you.
What are tents and temporary structures used for?
- Special Events, such as Weddings, Professional Conferences, etc.
- Sports facilities(Soccer, Baseball, Golf, Tennis and other sports)
- Storage solutions (short and long term)
- Construction site enclosures
- Equestrian Riding Arenas
- Airplane hangars
- Military Shelters
- Trade fairs and exhibitions
- Job site protection (both equipment and personnel)
- Agricultural research
- Agricultural storage (equipment and grain)
- Security screening areas
What amenities are provided by Big Tents and Domes?
- Temperature Control Systems
- Hard walls
- Electrical systems
- Portable restrooms
What surfaces or foundations are needed to support the structures?
We can install the best tent for your needs on nearly any type of surface. With years of experience setting up hundreds of tents, we have been able to meet any challenge. The key is picking the right structure and securing it with the appropriate anchoring system. We are experts in matching up your needs with the right structure, taking all the variables into consideration.
What is the predominant fabric used for temporary structures and tents?
Fabrics used to construct tents and temporary structures are typically vinyl, vinyl laminate and coated vinyl. The type of fabric depends upon the application and size requirements. Most vinyl is constructed of 12- to 22-ounce vinyl.
What size of structures do you offer?
Structures are available in widths from 10 feet to over 150 feet wide and are expandable to any length. Stock and custom sizes are available.
How long will it take to install my tent or structure?
Installation time can vary greatly depending on the size and complexity of the structure. Most installations are completed in one to three days, with the largest structures taking up to several weeks.
What is the best way to decide on the size and type of tent structure for my use?
A good Rule-of-Thumb is to allow 10 square feet of tent space per guest. There are other considerations, so contact us to schedule a survey. The survey will gather all pertinent information regarding the proposed installation and the best structure to meet your needs. The survey will be completed by a qualified professional and the information gathered will be shared with anyone responsible for the scheduling service and installation.
What safety considerations are involved with the site?
The importance of safety cannot be over-emphasized. Considerations include: obstructions, location, weather, wind exposure, access, exit and anchoring stability. All our installers are well-trained, certified and adhere to applicable building codes and fire regulations.
Are you insured and bonded?
Yes. We carry a full line of liability, workers’ compensation and vehicle coverage.
What precautions should we take for inclement weather?
If there is ever a doubt of the integrity of your structure, you should evacuate and give us a call to inspect the site before anyone's safety is jeopardized. During inclement weather, particularly when the structure is in use, experienced structure personnel should be on hand to ensure the security of the equipment and those using it. All parties must be aware of the limitations for safe occupancy of the structure.
Is it better to buy or rent a structure?
The decision to buy or rent a structure has many variables. If the structure is being used four to six times annually, it may be more economical to purchase. However, many of our services make renting the preferred alternative, specifically:
- Our expert installers are provided with the necessary training and expertise to safely install and remove the structure.
- Our company also has the tools, washing facilities and storage areas to maintain the structure when it is not in use.
- We have had long-standing relationships with the fire marshals, code enforcement officials and other regulatory officials, which can aid in the process.
- Renting also allows you to vary the size of the structure according to your specific needs.
We’d be happy to help you do a Rent vs. Buy comparison so that you can make the best choice for your business.